- I was cast in Glengarry Glen Ross, which opens tonight at The Generic Theater and runs till Feb 10. You try keeping up with a blog while rehearsing a play and see how it goes. I’m playing Kevin Spacey.
- I went to Georgia twice, Charlottesville 4 or 5 times, Baltimore once, North Carolina once, D.C. twice, and almost went to Florida.
- I’m not allowed to write; it’s a writer’s strike, after all.
- Okay, I’m allowed to write. But I tried to get permission to reprint a great article from Creative Screenwriting about the strike and why it’s important, and they were all enthusiastic but never got back to me.
- I watched a bunch of Oscar screeners with my dear friend Ginny and her son Matt and his awesome girlfriend Joan. They’re voting members so they get the magic DVDs.
- Cloverfield is going to be the most profitable movie in years. I know this has nothing to do with why I haven’t been writing lately, I just wanted to point it out. Want to make massive cash? Shoot a movie for <30 mil, cast unknowns, shoot handheld camera, and only use 10 minutes of the expensive kind of CGI. NOTE: this will only work if you put talented people in charge.
- I got two baby sugar gliders and have been raisin’ ’em up. You try keeping up with a blog while being a daddy. It’s impossible. What? Lots of people do it? Fuck.
Thoughts on Media, Writing, and Life
Written and Directed by Matt Friedman. Rated R for Language and Opinions